Shopping for a Quality Used Car in Clarksville
Are you worried that it’s hard to find quality used cars? Finding great pre-owned vehicles is definitely possible, no matter what brand you’re looking for. Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, and Dodge are just a few of the brands that stay strong year after year. If you follow these key steps when shopping for your next pre-owned car, you’ll be able to find a great car and a great price.
Know What You Want
Before you actually look at vehicles or see what’s out there, make a few decisions about what you want from your car. Think about important details, such as:
- Gas mileage
- How you’ll use the car
- Whether or not you might sell the car further down the road
- What makes, models, and years you are interested in
After setting down a few guidelines, which you can always change later, it’s time to see what’s out there.
Do Your Research
When shopping for used cars, it’s important to note a few important details:
- As far as pre-owned vehicles go, not all cars are created equal.
- Some cars depreciate more quickly than others.
- Some cars maintain peak performance longer than others.
- Research the difference between certified used vehicles and non-certified used vehicles.
Also, note that buying from a dealership isn’t the same as buying from an individual. Individuals can’t offer any type of financing, certification, inspections, or warranties.
Set Your Budget
Firmly decide what you can afford, since the last thing you need is a car payment that’s too steep. However, bear in mind that financing is still an option. Rather than paying cash up front for a car you don’t really want, you can finance your purchase. This allows you to increase the quality of your car and decrease your upfront payment.
Pick the Right Dealership
There are a few key ingredients to look for in a used car dealership:
- Look for dealerships that offer certified vehicles. Though non-certified used cars are definitely a possibility, certified vehicles offer peace of mind and certain assurances. They have passed a multitude of inspections and come with warranties, so you know that you’re getting a vehicle that makes the grade.
- Find a dealership that has a good reputation. Look for a positive track record, glowing testimonials, and happy customers. Often, the larger the selection of new and used vehicles, the better off the dealership is, which means they are doing a good job keeping their customers happy.
- Look for one-stop shops. Naturally, you want a car that will stand the test of time. One way to make your vehicle last longer is to keep it maintained and serviced by professionals who know your car inside and out. If you can find dealerships that also offer maintenance and service plans on the cars they sell, then you know they’re knowledgeable about those models.
Seize the Opportunity
Although you should know what type of car you’re looking for, don’t become too rigid with your criteria. Keep a ballpark in mind when it comes to make, model, and year or pick a few that suit you. You should be ready to jump on a good opportunity when you see one. After all, new cars are always available, but good used cars can disappear in an instant.
Whitson Morgan offers the best selection of used cars and certified pre-owned vehicles in Clarksville. Whether you’re looking for a used Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep - or even other name brands such as Chevy, BMW, and Cadillac - our selection can’t be beat. To schedule a test drive, call 479-754-3020 or simply stop by our lot.